Avatar

Monday, December 10, 2012

Thing #18

For thing # 18 we are asked to explore social networking. I am a huge fan of social networking, as I have been on social networking sites since I was in high school. It all began with myspace, then when I got into college for the first time, in 2004, I joined facebook. When facebook began it was only for college students and you were required to have a university email address to access the site. Now, everyone can join! After a few years of facebook, I joined twitter. Twitter is an interesting way to connect with people of similar interest. Needless to say, I have years (10 years actually) experience with social networking and I think that I have seen it all so it is difficult for me to gain anything from this exercise.
I think that it is important for educators to know how social networking works because it is a great way to connect with others. It is however, a technology that is accessed by students and parents alike so that should be kept in mind while posting. Many people have the idea that their social networking is private, but it is far from it! My favorite of the sites is facebook. There are apps on facebook that are mostly annoying games, but some are useful. I cannot see these social networking sites being helpful in the classroom. In fact, I think that they should be saved for home use only and not in the classroom or workplace.

www.twitter.com/jessicatheteach

No comments:

Post a Comment