Avatar

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thing #12

First of all, let me start by saying this: I LOVE GOOGLE! :)  Google has helped me win several arguments, it has helped me answer my random questions, and has confirmed what I already thought to be correct. I use google at least two times per day, and I am not ashamed! Ok, with that being said... let's do this...

I used google translator. I have used this several times before, just to see if what I was doing in Spanish was correct, but it's not always correct. In the English language, we use the same words for several meanings, and Spanish does the same, with less variation, so they don't always translate properly. I played around and used the phrase "I think that would like to go to the mall today. Maybe I will ask my sister to join me. Perhaps she would like that." and the Spanish translation is "Creo que me gustaría ir al centro comercial hoy en día. Tal vez voy a pedir a mi hermana que me acompañara. Tal vez le gustaría eso." Now, if I try to translate back to English, I may not get the same thing! It actually says "I think I'd go to the mall today. Maybe I will ask my sister to accompany me. Maybe you'd like that."

Picasa is also a very cool tool to have for photo editing! Photo editing was once a disc that you had to purchase, (for big bucks!) but now you can access that all online. It is simple, and much less time consuming!

Yep, I STILL LOVE GOOGLE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment